Friday, February 18, 2005

sometimes you cry....

Upon leaving work yesterday, I was headed out to get my hair cut (what I have left). I crossed the street by the hospital and stopped by the money god for some cash. Midway through my transaction I starting crying, just tears running down my face. I'm thinking, ok, this is odd, why is this.

I continued this as I walked to blocks to my truck. Asking myself "why am I crying". Sure I just got finished doing chest compression on one of my patients (yeah we got him back), but other than that, it was a mystery. So I started examining the meaning behind this even closer. Trying to recall exactly what I was thinking about when it started.

I was actually thinking how nice it was for the family to say "thank you for helping my dad" as I was on my way to the elevator, also I was thinking how much I would miss anyone in my life if they suddenly were gone, which evolved into missing some special friends already.

I guess afterall the cry was a good one, it helped me put a few things in perspective.

No comments: