Monday, February 21, 2005

The complete name....

L4 -L5 Gill procedure and Posterior Lumbar Interbody fusion (PLIF) and L4 - L5 posterolateral Arthrodesis / fixation. That is the surgical procedure I'll be undergoing in less than 24 hours.

Over the last few weeks, I've questioned whether or not I should go ahead with surgery, my pain has been pretty well controlled since I cut back at the gym and stopped trying to work abs (this causes my legs to hurt, then go numb). However Saturday night, AJ and I ventured to Atlanta to hear one of my favorite DJ's ..Tony Moran. We danced for a few hours and hung out with 2 great guys... Jay and Mark. Great couple!!! Anyway after a few hours, my back began to ache, then spasm, then random sharp pains down my legs, across the front of my thigh then over the my inner knee. We tried the after party, but by the time I got there, I could barely stand erect. Today, still in pretty bad pain. So yes.. having the procedure is definitely the right thing to do.

I want to get back in the gym like I enjoy and be able to do all the Physical things I enjoy....without the surgery.. that just want happen.

I'll post daily from the hospital to update everyone on what is happening!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you be up in time to audition for the next "American Idol"?