Tuesday, February 08, 2005

a funny thing happened on the way to the hospital..

Well AJ kept me smiling today. He calls me early this am and tells me that the cotton part of a Q-Tip was stuck in his ear. It obviously came off while he was using a Q-tip to clean his ear. Something that all physician's will tell you not to do, but I guess they don't follow their own advice.

He comes to see me and I proceed to stick sharp pointy objects in his ear canal, nearly piercing his tympanic membrane on more than one occasion. No luck, he returns later and I decide we should suck it out, then he tries to convince me that he has cotton stuck other places too... but I didn't fall for it. Anyway no luck, but he might be deaf now.

SOMEHOW, almost everyone on my unit heard of his misfortune. People kept coming up asking him if he got the Q-tip out.. etc... I have NO IDEA how anyone would know... all very humorous.

BTW.. have I mentioned how HOT he was looking in his scrubs..... whew.....

He also did an ultrasound on my belly today and discovered something... we are going to be parents!!! That's right... it's a boy.. my small ventral hernia. I think we will name him Cleophus. hmmm... guess it's time to schedule my next surgical procedure.

Geez getting older sucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heard about the cotton ear on his blog. How could you tell everyone on the unit about it...and not call me, too? Very humorous. It seems when we are doing our best to be dignified, something absolutely silly will happen to us.

And exactly how many surgeries are you planning on now? Can't they just do them all at once and get it over with? Sheesh, I think you just like hanging around that hospital too much. ;)