Friday, February 18, 2005

embarrassing.

ok, so I've got this new phone and I've been playing with the ring tone. I have this catchy little trip hop ring, when it plays, I generally start singing along.

My phone rings and naturally I start singing (for those of you who don't know, I'm not a singer). I look at the number at it is from the hospital, OH COOL.. it's AJ WOHOO!! I continue to sing as I answer the phone trying to be cute and cheerful.. I sing for a few seconds and then say ' Hi honey". silence...

I then hear this voice, with an ere of confusion about it, say....."uh.. Mr. B...?" This voice obviously belongs to a very pleasant black lady that wasn't sure if she had dialed a bad radio station by mistake. "yes?" I ask. "Are you ok?"

I'm sure she could feel the embarrassment on my face through the phone.

We ended the conversation with her saying, "please don't start making that noise again."

Trust me... I won't!

No comments: