Thursday, March 03, 2005

restless.....

well, after climbing in bed at an early hour and trying to forget my world around me, AJ called and showed up with dinner. We ate and chatted a bit and i opted to return to bed. I was restless all night and just couldn't get comfortable. I was then awoken by some random noise around 4 am, although i had been tussling all night. I was disoriented, but had a vision of 2 guys cleaning out the downstairs of my apartment, starting with the big screen. I could only think, I'm in no condition to take these guys on with 20 or so staples down my back, but my hand gun is in my night stand, which happens to be on the other side of the bed, then it dawned on me, I don't have a hand gun in my night stand. In my stupor I decided to get out of bed to check things out. As soon as my feet hit the floor, my senses began to come back to me. I felt concrete under my feet and it all came back to me, I live in a 1 story loft (no downstairs) and if someone were cleaning me out they would have a difficult time and therefore be making a lot more noise.

Turns out the noise was coming from my very odd neighbor who loves to play his saxophone at odd times, which wouldn't be so bad, but he only plays scales, over and over. He smokes like a fiend, including in the elevator, which irritates me to no end and drives this old beat up ford probe with dozens of coffee cups sitting on the dash board, not the kind you pick up at the quick mart, but the kind some people would have in their kitchen. His car also lacks a muffler and has there perpetual black smoke stains over the rear of his car.

I'm not sure what this 50+ year old was doing out at 4 am, but I'm sure it involved irritating more people than me.

Now I'm lying on the couch trying not to wake up AJ who is sleeping like an angel in the other room. Time for more MS contin and Valium.......

No comments: