Wednesday, March 02, 2005

life sucks....at least for now

well it has been 1 week since my surgery, and all in all I guess I'm progressing well. I'm just bored to death. I've been doing a lot of walking as directed, but it is very easy to over do it. On rainy days, I have to trouble friends to come and drive me around so I can find a place to walk. Today, I'm just mentally and physically exhausted. I'm tired of being hyped up on meds, but If I don't take them I can't move. I can't do much of anything for myself. My laundry is piling up and I can't even carry it down to the washer to take care of it. For the most part, I prefer to do things for myself and do not like asking someone to do things for me. Today, being so bored, and needing to do some things, and being totally out of cash without an ATM within walking distance, I decided to drive.. that was amusing. I think I scared at least a dozen people to death and decided that I should drive in 2 lanes instead of one at a very slow speed.

Now lets talk about the body changes.... I am bruised from mid back all the way to midway down my ass. Not a pretty sight. I can not exercise with the exception of walking, which that in itself isn't much. I imagine that I will soon begin looking like Ethel Murmon.

I think I'm going to crawl under the covers and not come out for a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind you looking like Ethel Merman as long as you could sing like her!

(Boy, I need to change my meds)