Friday, March 18, 2005

change, change, change.....

Well AJ is away in Boston interviewing for his fellowship. While in transit, he got an official offer from Dallas, which was good news for him, because he liked the program so much. Plus he will have the opportunity to stay after the first year as a Junior Attending, which would be great for me. I hate to go with him someplace and only stay in a job 1 year. Doesn't look great on a resume'.

My best friend in the whole world, CA has taken a new job in SLC. I haven't heard the details yet, but I'm sure he changed partly because he didn't get the raise he deserved. Good for him!! Can't wait to hear the details.

Yesterday, I took CR another one of my best friends to the gym with me. We did 30 mins of cardio, then I walked him through a whole body workout. He is probably cursing me today. At least by getting him to work out, I want miss it as much.

My back is healing great. Almost off all pain meds and I feel wonderful. I don't know why I didn't have this done sooner. I do miss my hard workouts though. I should be able to start some physical therapy in a few weeks. In the meantime, I guess CR will have to be my outlet!!!

I should be closing on my new loft in a week or so. Only a year overdue. I originally was scheduled to close March 31st, 2004. Maybe the construction crew forgot to hang a new calendar. The only reason I stuck with it so long was due to the great deal I'm getting. This is definitely an investment, but also an outlet for me. I owned homes before, but always with someone else. I remodeled and decorated with the 2 of us in mind. At this point AJ and I still live seperately, which has been a good thing for me. I've only lived alone for about 6 months my entire life. I finally feels like I'm accomplishing something on my own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't I ever be an outlet for the good stuff? LOL
And, yes, I am cursing you today (Saturday) because things are hurting that haven't hurt in a long time (and, again, not the good stuff either).

Anonymous said...

"Why can't I ever be an outlet for the good stuff?"


You are!...oh...wait...sorry...thought you said 'receptacle', not 'outlet'.

Anonymous said...

Yes... you get those two terms (and posititions) confused quite frequently, but the hordes at the Queasy say you're still fun to play with.

p said...

no pain no gain.... in several areas...lol, especially if one is becoming a receptacle.