Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Maggie.....

I Know, we are all partial to our pets, but I have to tell you, I miss my pet terribly. Since my back surgery, she has been staying at her vacation home with CR until I recoup enough to care for her. Right now, every time I stick my key in my lock, I automatically expect her to be waiting on me. My enthusiasm quickly dimenishes once I remember she's not on the other side of the door.

Maggie is a English bulldog with some american bulldog in her background. Basically she looks like a tall English Bulldog. She is the ripe old age of 12 1/2, although I don't think she realizes it. She is quite spry and loves to wrestle and play with AJ. I think she has deemed him as her designated playmate. She has deemed CR as her designated "treat giver" and her "take me on a extra walk" person. To her I think I'm her caregiver. She plays with me, but not with the intensity she does with AJ. She is more "loving" to me than anything.

I did get to visit her today at CR's. I rolled around on the floor with her a bit and took her for a walk. Immediately on her seeing my truck, she went to the back door expecting me to put her in. When she realized I wasn't, she went around to the back door, still waiting, then in last desperation, she tried the other side. She finally realized today was not the day she was getting to go home. We went back inside and after a few more minutes of romping and seeing a huge smile on her face, it was time for me to go.

I simply can't wait until I'm well enough for her to come home.

No comments: