Friday, December 19, 2008

Just just keeps growing and growing...



We had fun last night. We got to give her a "real" bath for the 2nd time. She wasn't to keen on the soaping up part, but when we sat her in the tub of warm water, she seemed to like it. Maybe it reminded her of being in Melinda's tummy...

She is also up to 3 pounds, 7 ozs. She has gained 1/2 pound in a week, which is pretty impressive.

The nurses have been encouraging us to do "skin to skin" or "kangaroo" with her. Basically they give us some privacy and one of us removes our shirt and basically we cuddle with Tekla next to our chest with her in nothing but her diaper. She certainly enjoys this. Her heart rate and respirations go down and she totally relaxes... and I must say that it relaxes me as well. I find myself almost falling asleep when I do this.

I also gave her a bottle again last night. She did really well. Every time I thought she was tired and I took the bottle away, she quickly let me know that she wasn't finished. She only took about 10cc's, but it is a start in the right direction.

The docs told us yesterday that she would be in the hospital for 3-4 more weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is just precious. I love reading the updates, thanks for keeping us posted. I know you are relishing every little milestone, and especially those cuddle moments. She's such a lucky little girl!

Love you guys,
M

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet and I agree with Melinda, she is soo lucky to have you guys. Thanks for keeping this blog...she is sooooo adorable...

Anonymous said...

I am hoping all the precious cuddlin' will expedite her recovery - Thanks for keeping us posted.

Happiest of holidays to your new family!

Anonymous said...

Big appetites run in her family! LOL

Again I have to tell you how happy I am for y'all that she is so healthy and growing. It also makes my own heart glad, especially here at Christmas.

Keep on doing what y'all are doing since it works so well.

Love,

CLR3