Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Time for a repeal...

Don't ask, don't tell is clearly a failed policy that should have never been put into place. I'm not going into the multitude of reasons why this policy is flawed, but instead just refer to an article published by CNN and stastistics released by the military.

In 2007 in seems that the military has allowed more convicted FELONS to serve than ever before. These are people with various crimes, including a couple convicted of terrorist activities.

WAKE UP! You can honestly tell me these people are fit to serve and someone like me isn't?? I'm sorry, even at 40 I could pass any physical fitness / mental test the military could throw my way (just ignore all the surgery scars). If you are ever in a fight, I'm the guy you want backing you up and you can tell me that I can't serve and convicted felons can??

When graduating high school I came verry close to joining the Marines. Both the army and marine recruiters made several trips to my house, but because I knew what I would face being gay, I changed my mind. When I greaduated from undergrad, I once again considered joining, if even the reserves, but again the military's policies deterred me.

Come on America...

No comments: