Thursday, April 03, 2008

I want to be a part of it......

Out of all the places I've been, I've never had the opportunity to visit NYC, until last week. TP, knowing I had never been, and knowing that NYC is one place I had always wanted to visit planned a trip for us. We actually got to enjoy the city with several of our Houston friends and see friends from Philly.

Everything I had imagined about NYC is certainly true. When first arriving and trying to take everything in it is a bit overwhelming, but once you settle into the pace of city, the overwhelming nature settles down and the city comes alive.

We did the normal tourist stuff... visited Central Park, Grand Central Station, Rockefellar plaza, shopping on 5th avenue, rushed through Time Square, etc, etc. We also enjoyed a couple of broadway shows. Thursday we had front row seats to "Xanadu" http://xanaduonbroadway.com/. Very entertaining and full of laughs. Saturday we saw the fantastic new musical "Spring Awakening" http://www.springawakening.com/. If you get the opportunity I highly recommend this show. The music is great, the lighting amazing and the story itself is one we can all relate to in one way or another.

We also indulged into the night life attending Black Party on Saturday night and Allegria on Sunday. Black Party wasn't as "over the top" as I expected, but I suppose it could have been had I chosen it to be so. Allegria was way crowded in it's new home of Webster Hall, but a cool old space on it's own.

I found the people of New York very friendly and outgoing, and the men very good looking with great bodies, but I wouldn't trade 10 of them from the one I have!

All in all a wonderful trip and place I certainly will visit again.

No comments: