Friday, June 24, 2011

Is God infallible?

This is a question I remember discussing with my Priest as I was going through RCIA. We all live by the premise that God does not make mistakes. He made Giraffe's to look the way they look for a reason, along with giving us eyebrows for reason and not to forget he made us the way he wanted us to be.

He made people of different races, heights, builds, eye color and yes even made us with different sexual orientations.

A few months ago I had a major argument with my brother, amongst all the turmoil he said to me "you have changed and I am not sure I like it". I have had lots of time to think about that statement and examine how I have changed.

I've gotten older, balder and grayer for sure. My views on many different subjects have changed particularly since the kids came along, but the major change I have looked back and paid particular attention to is how I feel about everyone else's opinion of me.

I think I have always been fairly comfortable in my own skin, but I don't take flack from anyone about my sexuality. I don't hesitate in any situation to mention my husband or partner. I don't apologize for who I am. I have no patience for those who choose to treat others badly or look down upon them because they are different and I certainly would never let ANYTHING that would instill hatred or negativity in my children.

So what ever your personal relationship with God may be, In my relationship with God, god is infallible, therefore I am gay because he created me this way and no apology is necessary.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Amen again!

God doesn't make mistakes!! We may not understand His choices, but that's where faith and trust come in.