Tuesday, February 02, 2010

They grow up so fast!

I apologize, know new pictures to post. Our camera is broken.

As we returned from our vacation, we put things in high gear to get ready for the arrival of Bode. We have been in the process of turning the guest room into Tekla's "big girl" room and starting to prepare ourselves mentally / physically the the new challenges a second child brings.

During the process I paused yesterday to realize that Tekla is no longer my baby, she is now my little girl. Sometimes as you think into the future and are busily preparing yourself for this and that, the little things can sneak past, very quickly!

After I got Tekla's toddler bed in place and started decorating her new room we brought her in and she immediately went to the bed to check it out. She crawled up in it, clapped, laughed, climbed into the covers and rolled around. It is as if she realized that was her bed. She even napped in her new bed today for the first time. Perhaps the transition from the crip to the bed will be easier than I anticipated. Time will tell.

He vocabularly is begining to expand as well. Several things she is saying, I thought were jibberish, until I really listened to her. The first name she began saying was Dada, followed by Nanny, finally Papa (sometimes sounds like pop pop) came out. Now she is saying Uh-oh, yes, quack quack.. things I never really noticed until I listened and watched her more closely.

In the future, I need to remind myself while preparing for the future, don't forget the here and now.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

So cool. I'm glad she took to her bed so readily. I knew you had some concerns about the transition, but kids will surprise you.

Now let's hope that Bode learns to say Papa first!