Monday, October 13, 2008

You are missed




Christian Thad Adams. October 31st, 1973 - September 24th, 2008

I met Christian in 1999 while living in Salt Lake City Utah. My dog Maggie basically knocked him over. She was always a great judge of character. My time in Salt Lake was brief, but Christian became my only "true" friend while I was there. The miles and time took us apart, but we always remained close. He was there for me through the toughest time of my life, lending an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on and a wonderful laugh that would always brighten my day. I was there for him through some tough times as well and certainly hope he found me as mutuality supportive.


Christian married Katharine and started a beautiful family. Daughter Sage and Sofia with #3 due in December. I only hope they realize what a special man their husband and dad was.

It is hard for me to express in words the connection I had with Christian. A connection that will always be there. I feel I owe him so much, for he is largely responsible for my happiness today. He was there to give me a nudge when I needed it, whether is was to get out of a bad situation, move to a new city or to ask TP out on date.

Thank you Christian, for making my life a little bit better.

Peace be with you my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew Christian mostly through your talking about him.

The one time I was around him, he was fun and full of life, just like you had described him.

As I said at that time, when y'all were together, you were at the most peaceful and content that I had ever seen you around anybody. It was very apparent that he was special to you.

I'm sad that he is gone.

My prayers are for you and his other family - his wife and kids. Gosh, one due in December. How wonderful and sad at the same time.

Love you.