Monday, January 24, 2005

Exciting times...

OK, I finally got up the courage.. why I was afraid, nervous or waiting, I'll never know, but last night I asked AJ to be my boyfriend again. He said yes... *HAPPY DANCE*..... (what else would he say to a cute guy like me.... kidding). I certainly think we have grown as individuals and have addressed our personal needs / habits that were interfering with our relationship with each other and we are ready to give it another shot.... YIPPEE..

For those of you who know, or don't know.. I'm in the process of buying a cool loft in beautiful downtown Birmingham (not laughter please). In July I signed a contract (the first one on the project) for a loft in a building that is being renovated. I was to close by March 31st... 2004!!! Guess what.. I didn't, and still haven't. I have a nice chunk of change tied up in this little deal with no end in sight. I was supposed to close (this time) by january 31st.. guess what.. no go. Next date we are shooting for is Feb. 28th. Guess what I saw my place yesterday.. my place is nice (much nicer than I expected) but based on what I know about construction (and I do know a little) there is no way they are going to be finished and have the building ready for occupancy by Feb. 28th. So... maybe I'll be in by March of 2006!!

The next development, I have broken down and decided to bite the bullet and go under the knife. For those of you who don't know, I have 2 fractures in my lower back that have probably been there since I was a teenager, but have been plagueing me for well over a year now. I've had many cool procedures called "Facet injections". That is where I get needles stuck in my back and medication to help with the pain injected into the fracture... the best part of the procedure is getting the sedation... woohooo... unfortunately.. . if they don't give you enough.. you feel the whole procedure. It's actually humorous when someone is sticking a needle into your back and you skirm to the point of almost coming off the table and they ask "does that hurt?" Not at all Doc... I normally move around like this... on the DANCEFLOOR!!!

Anyway, the fractures are now unstable, meaning my vertebra shift around on each other, which causes me to have muscle spasms, and lately BAD pain in my legs, sometimes I get the pleasure of both of my legs going numb!! that is always fun... In actuallity, the back pain is pretty tolerable, but now that we are dealing with numbness and pain in my legs (I want to amputate my right leg at times) it is a whole new ball game.

I'll have a realitively long recovery after surgery, so you can send all your expensive get well gifts to me... but please, no chocolate.. I'll be out of the gym for several months and I don't want to start looking like Kristi Alley!!!

No comments: