Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Morning Pancakes..

I just noticed that my last post was May 21st.. where had the time gone? These last few months have been a whirlwind. Bode's baptism made us realize that we had outgrown our rancher that we had so carefully remodeled. While we weren't "actively" looking, we stumbled across a home that met all our needs, with the exception that it needed MAJOR updating.

Our great realtor made the deal happen and sold our home in 1 day. Then the fun began. We've been painting, building, moving, doing demolition, decorating, plumbing, tiling and repainting. While the house is getting to where we can "relax" a bit and take a pause we have been living in a construction zone.

Despite all this, since we moved in late August, I've started a tradition of every Sunday Morning cooking pancakes. Tekla has got to where she expects them and often looks at me and ask "pancakes"? This has helped me to manage to hold on to my sanity for a whee bit longer. Especially this week, painters are here in the morning and the hardwood floors start going in Wednesday!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hey! Another Gay Catholic Family here. Came our from Daddy Times Two by the way.
I also make pancakes Sunday morning but I've real lazy the past couple of weeks as I bought and served frozen ones. I just can't handle the mess afterwards. Have fun with the renovations. It's not that easy doing it the little ones around.
Take care.
m.

Chuck said...

Mmmm...pancakes sound good. I'll be looking forward to them on my next visit! LOL

It's good to have traditions and leave it to Tekla to pick up on it so quickly. :) She's a marvel.

I'm sure Bode is just enjoying the food and the mess he can make with it.