Thursday, March 25, 2010

Times remembered

Before moving to Houston I spent a few years working with Heart and Lung Transplant patients in Birmingham. Simply the most rewarding job I ever had. I learned so much and grew so much as a person. One of the toughest parts of leaving Birmingham was leaving my job there. I met the most interesting patients during my time there, many of which I still think about often and keep in touch with.

One of my patients that I have often thought of recently tracked me down on Facebook. I never liked seeing him in the hospital, because that generally meant he was sick, although I always had wonderful conversations with him and his wife. He sent me the link to his blog, which I found very captivating. I just have to share. He is truly a man that has walked a hard road, but uses his hardship to help others.

http://www.jackdejarnette.org/

1 comment:

jackdej said...

Thanks for the kind words. We miss you in Birmingham.