Monday, February 16, 2009

My morning as Dad

Everyday I find it amazing that something so small takes up so much time. So here is how my day has gone so far. 

  • 2 am. Time for feeding, whew.. good I can now sleep until 6 am. 
  • 4:30 am. I awoke to crying... someone has a dirty diaper and thinks it is time to eat... change diaper, try to get her back to sleep, finally at 5 am, I'm back to sleep, but in the chair in her room. 
  • 5:45 am. Yep awake again, this time really time for her bottle. 
  • 6:15 am. Time for a quick nap. 
  • 8:30 am. Awake again, time to get her ready for 9am bottle, warn bottle, find bib. Turn on dishwasher to wash bottles, oops, diaper bucket is full. I learned a long time ago, don't open this thing in the house! It is like a WMD (maybe this is what GW was looking for). I'm gonna save all of these and propose we drop them on the Taliban. 
  • 9:10 am- 10 am. A little time to hang the new decoration for her room. Oops.. gotta mix formula and prepare bottles, but first I have to empty the dishwasher. 
  • 10 am - 10:30 am. Time for her bath. 
  • 10:35 am. Finished bath, she spit up immediately and had to have another bath. 
  • 10:45 am. Start her laundry, Change her clothes again because she spit up. 
  • 10:50 am. Find more dirty laundry. Run around quickly, because I just realized I haven't peed all day long!
  • 11:00 am. She is sleeping in her car seat... I can finally have some coffee.
  • 11:10 am.  Greg is home for lunch and he brought more baby gifts, more clothes, which means more laundry!
  • 11:20 am. YUCK, forgot about my coffee and took a sip, COLD! 
  • 11:30 am. Start typing this....
  • 11:45 am. She's awake again and wanting her noon bottle.  
and just think we want another one. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!! I know, can you imagine if she were TWINS?? You should write a book, seriously. =)

Anonymous said...

So you're saying that you don't need any more cardio workouts, huh? LOL

And you want another one. Better hurry up and do it while y'all are young!

CLR3

Vickye said...

"10:50 am. Find more dirty laundry. Run around quickly, because I just realized I haven't peed all day long!"

I spit out my coffee when I read that, because I was laughing so hard! That happened to me all the time when they were little!